Hi, I am Leanna
I am the founder of Expecting a Blessing. I am a trained labor doula and childbirth educator and my job is to help women and their families feel supported, educated and encouraged throughout their pregnancy and birth experience.
I support women in having the birth they desire
I believe that there is more than one right way to birth and that each woman must make the choices that are best for her and her individual situation.
I believe that a woman can be empowered in her birth experience, regardless of her choice between a natural or a medical birth.
My desire to serve and educate families is something that has always been deeply rooted in me. In fact, that desire is what lead me to become a doula and childbirth educator.
Long before I started my career as a birth professional, I was a highly regarded and devoted nanny to many families. Gaining more than 10 years of experience in helping families transition, grow and succeed. During these years I discovered my passion to work with expecting moms and their families through their journey of pregnancy and childbirth. Soon after my discovery I began working toward an education that would enable me to support families in this capacity.
Assuming midwifery was my calling I began working as a doula and soon after a childbirth educator to gain knowledge and experience. It wasn’t long until I realized that the non-medical support and education I was offering was the role I truly felt passionate about.
Leanna supports women in having the birth they desire. She believes that there is more than one right way to birth and that each woman must make the choices that are the safest for her and her individual situation. She believes that a woman can be empowered in her birth experience, regardless of her choice between a natural or a medical birth.
Expecting a Blessing provides professional, personalized support and education. Our job is to help you feel supported, educated and encouraged throughout your entire experience, regardless of your plans for a natural or a medical centered birth.
Training & Certifications
- February 2015 – Intro to Childbirth(DONA)
- March 2015 – Birth Doula Workshop (DONA)
- March 2015 – Breastfeeding Workshop (DONA)
- May 2015 – DONA AZ State Meeting
- May 2015 – Comfort Touch For Birth
- May 2015 – TENS in Labor Workshop (DONA)
- August 2015 – Hypnobirthing Doula Training
- August 2015 – Rebozo Workshop (Gena Kirby)
- October 2015 – Your Birth Experience Instructor Training (Missy David)
- November 2015 – Gena Kirbys Online Rebozo Workshop
- November 2015 – Apprentice Rebozo Certification
- August 2016 – Birth Photography Workshop (Courtney Larson)
- August 2016 – Birth Assistant Training (Belinda Hodder, CNM, MSN & Diane Ortega, CNM, MSN)
- August 2016 – Basic Life Saving
- September 2016 – Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification
- YBE Instructor Certification
- Sacred Pregnancy’s Belly Binding Workshop
- Still Birth Day Birth and Bereavement Doula Training